Marketing & Ad Review
The firm advises companies operating in entertainment, print and digital media and broadcasting sectors. The firm also provides advisory services to clients on issues relating to gaming & sports.
The firm offers assistance and advice to domestic and international clients on India’s comprehensive entertainment, media and advertising laws on the issue relating to creation, production and dissemination of advertising across all media, particularly interactive technology and consumer-generated content.
The firm advises on all aspects of advertising from agency formation to new media and technologies. We have vast experience operating at the intersection of technology, telecommunication and broadcast, applying new media, data privacy and security expertise to the media and broadcast sector. We represent studios, sports associations, television and film production houses, independents, new media companies, music companies and television networks in all aspects of the film and broadcasting industry including entering into complex distribution and licensing agreements. The firm has a strong background of representing clients in transactions involving issues pertaining to the production and distribution of motion pictures and television programming.
The firm advices on whole range of legal and regulatory issues including:
- Advertising, Media & Broadcasting laws, guidelines, rules and regulations;
- Registrations, licenses and compliances under the relevant regulations;
- Public policy issues and initiatives;
- Distribution, broadcast, syndication rights and deals;
- Television format rights and script options and purchases;
- Talent, performers and key-creatives’ rights, agreements and releases;
- Multi-media, digital and new technology services;
- User generated content and Website and service terms and conditions;
- Privacy and data protection;
- Information Technology related issues such as cyber-squatting, spamming; Agreements including Distribution & Licensing, Master Services, Commissioning, Merchandising and Sponsorship, Music Composer etc.;
- Intellectual Property issues including acquisition and management, digital rights management, copyright and designs law, moral rights, passing off;
- Obscenity, sedition, censorship and content regulation;
- Strategic alliances and partnerships, acquisitions and related agreements;
- Dispute resolution, Arbitration and Litigation.